Studio Recording Rates (Travel Extra – See Below)
Red Room Recordings currently operates out of studio spaces in Thornbury, and Collingwood Ontario.
- $229 per Half-Day or Evening – (4 hours, plus reasonable setup time, includes rough mix)
- $399 per Full-Day – (8 hours, plus reasonable setup time, includes rough mix)
Minimum booking for the first session on any given project is a half day (4 hours) – hourly bookings can be accommodated for overdubs or mix reviews by appointment (email for details).
Mixing & Mastering Rates:
Mixing/Mastering is billed by song or at $30/hour – attended mixing & mastering sessions are billed at Recording Rates listed above
- Per song mixing starts at $99 per song for tracks recorded @ Red Room – this includes a CD quality final mix-down. Singer/songwriter/acoustic songs & demo mixes start at $59
- “Release ready” mixes typically require more significant effort – mixing beyond the “demo” level billed hourly.
- If you’ve got your own tracks and just want a professional mix/master, I can edit, mix or re-mix your provided tracks for $30 per hour.
- Digital mastering services (including file conversion for iTunes, Bandcamp etc.) start at $59/song.
- Daily & hourly rates also apply to other services such as voice over recording, audio post production for video and live sound mixing (house equipment only).
Bigger projects (albums, LP’s, EP’s etc.) can be negotiated and usually includes reduced hourly rates. Contact Me for a Quote using the Free Consultation Service!
I typically recommend a budget of about $500 per song to get a full-band single “radio ready,” like this example:
More time spent on recording a song will typically result in less time spent Mixing & Mastering – get it right at the source!
On Site Recording:
Got an awesome jam-space to record in? The studio can come to you!
Rates for onsite recording vary, but generally include the rates as quoted above plus a minimum $50 fee for travel (maximum 50 km round trip) and setup.
For Projects requiring travel over 50 km (round trip) I charge 50 cents per km for any additional mileage.
We accept Cash, Cheque or Pay-pal (Credit Card Payments accepted via Pay-pal)
Session fee’s (including travel fee’s) are due at booking (to lock in your session date), or the day of the session.
Mixing fees can be paid up-front, after review (streaming only), or on a monthly basis for larger projects.
Note: Up-front payment of mixing fee’s will allow you to download all mixes and re-mixes/iterations right from the time you leave the studio – This is great if you want to show off your mixes to friends and family!
All rates listed herein are subject to change at any time (up or down) – Always best to contact me for a quote – every project is different.